[CLOSED] Tools For Urho3D - Open source [UNPAID]

Seek help for your Urho3D-related projects or offer your skills.
Forum rules
When seeking for help, please only post serious projects that already have something to show.

Please tag recruitment posts indicating the kind of compensation offered, for example [PAID], [UNPAID], [DEFERRED], where deferred means a profit-sharing arrangement.

Any negotiations / business arrangements happen at your own risk. Please report suspicious posts to the moderators.

Re: Tools For Urho3D - Open source [UNPAID]

PostPosted by rasteron » 15 Aug 2015, 03:19

HeadClot wrote:So just thought I would chime in about QT as it is under the LGPL license and Urho3D is under the MIT license.

They are not compatible with each other last I checked.

It is somehow compatible by dynamic linking and an old issue, you should check here from Qt thread:

https://forum.qt.io/topic/19358/qt-and- ... -license/3

Then again, as the old saying goes "IANAL" so it will depend on your usage. ;-)
rasteron
Have many posts
Have many posts

PostPosted by weitjong » 15 Aug 2015, 04:06

I am not a lawyer too and I am not trying to defend on Qt either as I have said before I am not a fan of it. But, I don't think using Qt framework for developing an "open source" Editor would be an issue. It is only when you want to make it a "closed source" tool then you need to call up your lawyer.
YaoWT - Leave no window unbroken ♪ (^。^) 
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted by rasteron » 15 Aug 2015, 06:15

weitjong wrote:I am not a lawyer too and I am not trying to defend on Qt either as I have said before I am not a fan of it. But, I don't think using Qt framework for developing an "open source" Editor would be an issue. It is only when you want to make it a "closed source" tool then you need to call up your lawyer.

Exactly, as long as you don't modify the actual Qt library and closed source your changes to it, everything is good to go. A clearer discussion here:

https://forum.qt.io/topic/6598/constrai ... l-of-qt/11

The commercial license allowes you to modify Qt without telling anybody about the changes, write closed code without giving anybody any source of anything :-)

and more LGPL info here.
rasteron
Have many posts
Have many posts

PostPosted by cadaver » 15 Aug 2015, 10:54

License-wise Qt is not a problem, for example the realXtend project I've participated at work combines Qt, Ogre, and an Apache-licensed custom code base, and the whole combination is usable in commercial projects too, as long as Qt remains dynamically linked.

My suggestion would only be that Urho3D library itself remain Qt-agnostic, so it's always the editor application's build scripts that search for & link Qt. Conditional header-level compatibility (e.g. a URHO3D_QT_INTEROP define for things like allowing to construct Qt math objects from Urho objects and vice versa) would be OK though.
cadaver
Urho3D author
Urho3D author

PostPosted by sabotage3d » 15 Aug 2015, 20:21

I am for Qt as well most of the VFX softwares are using it Maya, 3ds-max, Houdini, Nuke and so on. It looks like it is best suited for Editor. I am also using Qt Creator for C++ coding and I love it as it works on every possible platform.
sabotage3d
Have many posts
Have many posts

Re: [CLOSED] Tools For Urho3D - Open source [UNPAID]

PostPosted by Hevedy » 08 Nov 2015, 17:49

@Sinoid this is easier than the Urho3D editor ? Because to make the same scene in Unreal Engine 4 and Urho3D in UE4 I need about 4min and in Urho3D I need 8min that things of add nodes and subnodes are killing my time.
Hevedy
Active user
Active user

Previous

Return to Recruitment