[CLOSED] Tools For Urho3D - Open source [UNPAID]

Seek help for your Urho3D-related projects or offer your skills.
Forum rules
When seeking for help, please only post serious projects that already have something to show.

Please tag recruitment posts indicating the kind of compensation offered, for example [PAID], [UNPAID], [DEFERRED], where deferred means a profit-sharing arrangement.

Any negotiations / business arrangements happen at your own risk. Please report suspicious posts to the moderators.

Re: Tools For Urho3D - Open source [UNPAID]

PostPosted by weitjong » 17 Jun 2015, 05:18

It looks like you have well planned out everything. Does the ATF/WinForms run on Mono on Linux?
YaoWT - Leave no window unbroken ♪ (^。^) 
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted by esak » 17 Jun 2015, 07:32

This sounds really interesting!
Unfortunately I don't have the time just now, maybe in the autumn...

Can you describe, from a high-level point, what the objective of the tool is? What areas will it cover?
Is it supposed to be a world/scene/level editor?
esak
Have some posts
Have some posts

PostPosted by cadaver » 17 Jun 2015, 12:49

Looks like this could become the heavy-duty Urho3D Studio / Editor replacing the "example-grade" existing editor. Nice!
cadaver
Urho3D author
Urho3D author

PostPosted by sabotage3d » 17 Jun 2015, 17:56

This looks like it won't be compatible with Linux and OSX or I am missing something ?
sabotage3d
Have many posts
Have many posts

PostPosted by thebluefish » 17 Jun 2015, 20:32

Sinoid, I've actually be writing my own ATF-based editor based off of the ATF Level Editor this past week and a half. Your project certainly looks interesting, and I think it would be sad if we worked on two independent projects with the same end-goal. Send me a PM with the details, and I'll get it ready for source control.

sabotage3d wrote:This looks like it won't be compatible with Linux and OSX or I am missing something ?

Winforms hasn't seen much love with Mono, and ATF can't be compiled with Mono. Unity, which is based off winforms, has serious performance issues under Mono for this very reason. Unfortunately that's how these kind of tools work out.
something something signature here

Code: Select all
DVIS_> i just formatted the only copy of my pgp master and recovery keys
thebluefish
Most active user
Most active user

PostPosted by Hevedy » 17 Jul 2015, 21:17

And why no use QT ? probably will be better for somethings.
Hevedy
Active user
Active user

PostPosted by rasteron » 26 Jul 2015, 10:43

As Hevedy pointed out, Qt is really the way to go with crossplatform in mind but I'm still having hopes in using and expanding the built-in ui or editor.
rasteron
Have many posts
Have many posts

PostPosted by weitjong » 27 Jul 2015, 02:04

Aster2013 has attempted to create one with Qt last year in local repository (not available publicly yet). I am not sure whether Aster2013 still pursuing it or not. Lasse and I received a copy of the early work. It was a skeleton framework for the Editor but the Scene Hierarchy and Attribute Inspector appear to be functional from a screenshot. If someone wants to go down this route, it may worth the trouble to write to Aster2013 to find out what is the latest status of this work.

I am not a fans of Qt, but considering the other proposed solutions mentioned in this thread, Qt looks like a lesser of two evils to me (on Linux). Personally I also hope the built-in UI could be improved further to support the Editor and of course our own apps can benefit from the improvement too.
YaoWT - Leave no window unbroken ♪ (^。^) 
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted by christianclavet » 06 Aug 2015, 16:06

Hi, I'm still new to URHO3D, but the current provided GUI is almost good for creating applications. One of the thing I know it miss is a TAB component, and I still need to check out how I can create a variant of the input text GUI that support multi-lines. I was impressed by the current demos and the current editor abilities. (Drag&Drop is really nice!)

The current skin is a little pixely, but that can be changed by improving the skin (first thing I want to check out is creating an alternative skin)

What is missing to the current URHO3D GUI to be used in applications? (Editors).

I don't understand why putting efforts to make a editor restricted to the Windows environment because you use MFC. Qt or any other GUI addon that is multi platform would be preferable. Personally I would like to know what is missing from the current GUI system.

I really like the idea that you have a EDITOR with URHO3D has this can be used to check for problems with features to the engine. If a feature is not working correctly, you can use the editor to test it and replicate the problem. When I was using Irrlicht, the devs were alway asking that you write them an application showing the problem. Creating something in the EDITOR that replicate a problem is MUCH EASIER and FASTER.
christianclavet
Have some posts
Have some posts

PostPosted by HeadClot » 14 Aug 2015, 20:44

So just thought I would chime in about QT as it is under the LGPL license and Urho3D is under the MIT license.

They are not compatible with each other last I checked.
HeadClot
New user
New user

Next

Return to Recruitment