Hellbreaker - FPS game

Announcements and news updates to your projects using Urho3D.
Forum rules
If you have images or videos, you can attach them in the showcase post. Please use small thumbnail as link to original media resources.
When you post in this forum, you have to agree that Urho3D main website as well as the Facebook page have the permission to republish your post with all the related images or videos. The original images must have width larger than 890px for best viewing result in all the supported viewports by main website.

Re: Hellbreaker - FPS game

PostPosted by Enhex » 18 Apr 2016, 23:39

New video:
Enhex
Most active user
Most active user

PostPosted by sabotage3d » 19 Apr 2016, 09:41

Pretty cool. Are there any shadows from the creatures and objects on the ground?
sabotage3d
Have many posts
Have many posts

PostPosted by Enhex » 19 Apr 2016, 19:24

sabotage3d wrote:Pretty cool. Are there any shadows from the creatures and objects on the ground?

I'm not using shadow casting lights because it's too expensive for my use case (except directional light shadows, which isn't very useful for indoors).

Maybe using lightmaps for static models so only dynamic models are included for the dynamic shadows would make it affordable, but that's a rather low priority now.

Another option is to exclude the level geometry from the directional light shadow, so directional light "penetrates" the level geometry and causes monsters and such to cast shadows. Might try that.
Enhex
Most active user
Most active user

PostPosted by Bananaft » 20 Apr 2016, 07:57

You are making great progress. It already seems like it will get better reviews than DooM multiplayer beta :)
Bananaft
Active user
Active user

PostPosted by Enhex » 20 Apr 2016, 17:09

Bananaft wrote:You are making great progress. It already seems like it will get better reviews than DooM multiplayer beta :)

lol yeah, I should probably focus on getting it on Steam Greenlight ASAP, strike while the iron is hot.
Enhex
Most active user
Most active user

PostPosted by boberfly » 20 Apr 2016, 21:15

Very cool Enhex!!!

For some reason it reminds me of Painkiller, maybe it's the demon design? Which is a great thing, twitch shooters FTW!

About the new Doom, I am a sucker for fatality kills it reminds me of the most recent AVP which came out a few years ago. But yeah, gimping it to play like a poor man's CoD or Halo is a bad move. The virtual texture stuff is neat though, 60fps with very nice texture variety without expensive mixer shaders...
boberfly
Active user
Active user

PostPosted by Enhex » 03 Aug 2016, 00:56

Ported my level editor from OGRE to Urho3D, and refactored several things.
http://i.imgur.com/Ibgsj0S.jpg

Short updated video:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0UCSpDdwyY)

Improved LVL file format.
Automatic material system with diffuses/normal/specular/emissives (previously was diffuse only).
Assets and effects improvements.
Enhex
Most active user
Most active user

PostPosted by jenge » 03 Aug 2016, 16:27

Love it! Kind of feels like Sauerbraten meets the new DOOM :)
jenge
Some active
Some active

PostPosted by namic » 03 Aug 2016, 18:33

I'm really curious about your level editor. Is it implemented with CSG/BSP operations based on primitives, or are you actually creating proper geometry procedurally with something like 34_DynamicGeometry? How do you deal with UV's?
namic
Some active
Some active

PostPosted by Enhex » 03 Aug 2016, 21:17

namic wrote:I'm really curious about your level editor. Is it implemented with CSG/BSP operations based on primitives, or are you actually creating proper geometry procedurally with something like 34_DynamicGeometry? How do you deal with UV's?

No CSG/BSP, I'm using what I call shapes which are a collection of polygon faces.
Each face has material which includes name, uv plane, and transformation (scale/rotation/translation), and when I triangulate the faces I calculate the UV for each vertex based on the uv plane & transformation.
Enhex
Most active user
Most active user

PreviousNext

Return to Showcase