Fast FFT Ocean

Announcements and news updates to your projects using Urho3D.
Forum rules
If you have images or videos, you can attach them in the showcase post. Please use small thumbnail as link to original media resources.
When you post in this forum, you have to agree that Urho3D main website as well as the Facebook page have the permission to republish your post with all the related images or videos. The original images must have width larger than 890px for best viewing result in all the supported viewports by main website.

Re: Fast FFT Ocean

PostPosted by Lumak » 06 Oct 2016, 17:57

Added hlsl ocean shader. I think that will be the extent of my graphics/shader enhancement. There are a lot of other really cool ocean shaders out there, but most are too complicated and beyond my skill set to duplicate :)
Lumak
Have many posts
Have many posts

PostPosted by Miegamicis » 07 Oct 2016, 07:26

Looks good, thank you :)
Miegamicis
New user
New user

PostPosted by larsonmattr » 09 Oct 2016, 03:17

Why do you need to use an FFT for the ocean shading? Is this more complex than a shader that uses sin functions to move up and down vertices?

[Found that there is a blog post describing this further]
Looks like a far more complex simulation of waves and choppiness, so that is probably why it is doing some more complex wave math.
larsonmattr
New user
New user

PostPosted by Lumak » 09 Oct 2016, 17:14

larsonmattr wrote:[Found that there is a blog post describing this further]
Looks like a far more complex simulation of waves and choppiness, so that is probably why it is doing some more complex wave math.

That's correct. FFT is used for wave simulation, not shader.
Lumak
Have many posts
Have many posts

Previous

Return to Showcase