Next release?

Everything about the development of Urho3D.

Re: Next release?

PostPosted by cadaver » 03 Jun 2016, 06:51

Modanung wrote:
cadaver wrote:The preference would be for projects that are good for learning.

Does that exclude closed-source projects from being listed?

The Urho repo external links .dox page should IMHO list open source projects only; as that's what is already there (e.g. the Blender exporter). Other (closed) projects could be listed anywhere else.
cadaver
Urho3D author
Urho3D author

PostPosted by weitjong » 03 Jun 2016, 07:02

This is rather off topic but we do have a "showcases" category in our website's news entry. Currently it is only myself who is updating the news entry and I have not been doing that lately. Over there I suppose there is no limitation of what could be listed. If I really want to and if I have enough time, it is also possible to have a permanent "ShowCase" section in our main home page.
YaoWT - Leave no window unbroken ♪ (^。^) 
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted by Lumak » 04 Jun 2016, 15:36

I downloaded 1.5 to get an early start on preparation for 1.6 release. I noticed that cmake revision is now 3.2.3 and I had 3.2.2 with urho 1.4.
I went to cmake site to get a never version and noticed that they're up to 3.6.0rc1 and the latest 3.5.2.

Will we be upgrading to 3.5.2 before release or should I just stick with 3.2.3?
Lumak
Have many posts
Have many posts

PostPosted by Lumak » 04 Jun 2016, 15:54

I'm not favoring the new samples build option. It's either all or none build option now. I much preferred the older way where you can comment out the ones you don't want to build.
I'm sure I can just drop the old cmakelist.txt and it will revert back to the old way.
Lumak
Have many posts
Have many posts

PostPosted by weitjong » 04 Jun 2016, 18:12

3.2.3 will be the new minimal version required to build Urho3D. You can always and actually recommended to install any newer version than that on your system. As for the samples, if you don't mind to dirty your hand to comment off the code in the past, you may as well enhance the code to have a white or black list variables. Now to think about it, actually we do already have a blacklist/exclusion-list :).
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted by Lumak » 05 Jun 2016, 03:00

I'll look into this blacklist that you've mentioned - have to get more familiar with 1.5. In regards to cmake, I typically don't deviate on the build tools other than what's delivered with the release. Because you know, if something goes wrong you'll pay the price and time trying to figure out what's wrong. I'm good with 3.2.3.
Lumak
Have many posts
Have many posts

PostPosted by weitjong » 05 Jun 2016, 05:38

I hope I could find some time to start work on the refactor-buildsystem later. The 3.2.3 is set as minimal version for all the host systems (not just for Windows) in that branch. As I said before, that version is the minimal required. We are forced to choose that version because of the Linux host system that used by by our CI only has the highest 3.2.3 being back-ported to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, or otherwise we would have chosen the latest version available. Personally I install the latest version available in the my OS package manager.
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted by TheComet » 07 Jun 2016, 10:51

I was hoping I could finish work on my inverse kinematic contribution. I'm currently in the middle of exam hell though. My finals are over in 4 weeks, from there I estimate it will take perhaps a week, maybe two, to finish this.

http://urho3d.prophpbb.com/topic1899.html
I'm a non-binary non-cis sexually fluid cephalopod identifying genderqueer mocha frappé latte
TheComet
Active user
Active user

PostPosted by cadaver » 13 Jun 2016, 08:47

I now have one more thing for my list, graphics API agnostic headers. It's not critical, but would be nice to have. https://github.com/urho3d/Urho3D/issues/1422
cadaver
Urho3D author
Urho3D author

PostPosted by weitjong » 14 Jul 2016, 16:29

I don't know about the progress of others, but I want to report that I am not sure when I could finish my work on the "refactor-buildsystem" branch. The more I dig, the more things come up on my to do list, and I am having a little problem with prioritization ;) .
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Developer Talk