Next release?

Everything about the development of Urho3D.

Re: Next release?

PostPosted by TheComet » 14 Jul 2016, 18:35

I have run into some unforeseeable problems with IK and applying angles to AnimatedModel. On the plus side, exams are done.
I'm a non-binary non-cis sexually fluid cephalopod identifying genderqueer mocha frappé latte
TheComet
Active user
Active user

PostPosted by cadaver » 14 Jul 2016, 19:13

weitjong wrote:I don't know about the progress of others, but I want to report that I am not sure when I could finish my work on the "refactor-buildsystem" branch. The more I dig, the more things come up on my to do list, and I am having a little problem with prioritization ;) .

Thanks for the heads-up! In that case it makes sense to start moving toward release with no more big features going in.
cadaver
Urho3D author
Urho3D author

PostPosted by yushli » 15 Jul 2016, 02:25

Will ParticleEffect clone method be implemented in this release?
yushli
Some active
Some active

PostPosted by weitjong » 15 Jul 2016, 06:28

cadaver wrote:
weitjong wrote:I don't know about the progress of others, but I want to report that I am not sure when I could finish my work on the "refactor-buildsystem" branch. The more I dig, the more things come up on my to do list, and I am having a little problem with prioritization ;) .

Thanks for the heads-up! In that case it makes sense to start moving toward release with no more big features going in.

The only slight complication is that a few of my commits are actually bug fixes and so does a few new items in my todo list. I actually quite surprise how our buildsystem works so well :lol: with them.
YaoWT - Leave no window unbroken ♪ (^。^) 
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted by cadaver » 15 Jul 2016, 06:55

Would it make sense to merge those fixes (including the upcoming ones if critical) where possible or appropriate before release, even though the branch in total isn't completed yet? There's certainly no absolute hurry for a release.
cadaver
Urho3D author
Urho3D author

PostPosted by weitjong » 16 Jul 2016, 02:50

Yes, I think so. It should be possible to quickly cherry-pick those just before the release. I made no promise on those still unimplemented though cause they could be related to other more breaking changes I have in mind. Let me know ahead your release plan and I will see to it.
YaoWT - Leave no window unbroken ♪ (^。^) 
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted by cadaver » 16 Jul 2016, 10:31

I have vacation until end of July and I'd like to mostly keep it as vacation :) so I'd aim for beginning half of August to prepare the release, if that's OK. That also lets the Graphics API changes get a bit more testing, hopefully.
cadaver
Urho3D author
Urho3D author

PostPosted by jenge » 03 Aug 2016, 16:24

@cadaver I am in the process of updating Atomic with Urho changes since September of last year, this should help with testing the renderer changes. Great work on that by the way, saving a fair amount of code duplication while simplifying :D
jenge
Some active
Some active

PostPosted by cadaver » 03 Aug 2016, 18:38

Thanks, that should certainly help. I just typed the initial changelog from commits and it was quite massive. :)
cadaver
Urho3D author
Urho3D author

PostPosted by jenge » 06 Aug 2016, 00:33

@cadaver Happy to report success on Windows (D3D9/D3D11), Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and WebGL here, great work! I won't be landing this to the master branch quite yet, though great to have the rendering agnostic stuff in! Updating to SDL 2.0.4 also fantastic, really cool that SDL is compiled for emscripten from source now... was using the -s USE_SDL=2 version :) THANKS!
jenge
Some active
Some active

PreviousNext

Return to Developer Talk