Next release?

Everything about the development of Urho3D.

Next release?

PostPosted by cadaver » 19 May 2016, 13:49

For core devs: Urho has accumulated new features and fixes quite a bit since last release. Should it already be time for 1.6, what significant work do you still have that you'd want in?

For myself, I have https://github.com/urho3d/Urho3D/issues/1346 & https://github.com/urho3d/Urho3D/issues/1370 in queue, plus clearing the recent pull requests which shouldn't take long.
cadaver
Urho3D author
Urho3D author

Re: Next release?

PostPosted by yushli » 19 May 2016, 14:29

Look forward to the new release.
I'd like to point out some issues I just have about the build system.
I am using windows 7, VS2015 64bit, with git bash as the command console. I clone the latest master branch, and start the clean build. It configures successfully. But when trying to run make in the bash, when building tolua++, it complains a workable c++ compiler can't be found. If I run make from VS command console, tolua++ compiles fine, but then when generating the libversion info it will causes error. If now I switch back to bash console, make runs fine. It seems like that
1. in bash console, tolua++ can not find the c++ compiler.
2. in VS console, it finds the correct c++ compiler, but can't run git to get the desired libversion info.
3. in bash console, it can get the libversion info.

Not sure if it is just my machine or a general bug. Right now I can use both consoles to go on.
yushli
Some active
Some active

PostPosted by 1vanK » 19 May 2016, 16:47

yushli wrote:Look forward to the new release.
I'd like to point out some issues I just have about the build system.
I am using windows 7, VS2015 64bit, with git bash as the command console. I clone the latest master branch, and start the clean build. It configures successfully. But when trying to run make in the bash, when building tolua++, it complains a workable c++ compiler can't be found. If I run make from VS command console, tolua++ compiles fine, but then when generating the libversion info it will causes error. If now I switch back to bash console, make runs fine. It seems like that
1. in bash console, tolua++ can not find the c++ compiler.
2. in VS console, it finds the correct c++ compiler, but can't run git to get the desired libversion info.
3. in bash console, it can get the libversion info.

Not sure if it is just my machine or a general bug. Right now I can use both consoles to go on.

try execute in bash console:
Code: Select all
set "PATH=%PATH%;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\;c:\Windows\System32;"
call vsvars32.bat

and it will see VS
1vanK

PostPosted by namic » 19 May 2016, 16:49

namic
Some active
Some active

PostPosted by Lumak » 19 May 2016, 19:05

Sweet! I was going to start merging all my code changes from 1.4 to 1.5 but if 1.6 is near ready, I'll just wait for that and skip 1.5.

When is the expected release date?
Lumak
Have many posts
Have many posts

PostPosted by cadaver » 20 May 2016, 08:21

"When it's done."

I know weitjong has the refactor-buildsystem branch going on, we very likely want that in first.
cadaver
Urho3D author
Urho3D author

PostPosted by Lumak » 20 May 2016, 18:15

All good. I procrastinated merging my changes to 1.5 forever so waiting isn't a problem.
Lumak
Have many posts
Have many posts

PostPosted by weitjong » 21 May 2016, 04:29

cadaver wrote:"When it's done."

I know weitjong has the refactor-buildsystem branch going on, we very likely want that in first.

I have a number of things I plan to do in that branch. Most of them have already been documented in the GitHub issue tracker. However, I am not sure "when it will be done". ;)
YaoWT - Leave no window unbroken ♪ (^。^) 
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted by cadaver » 21 May 2016, 10:46

It's fine by me if it takes time; if you hit some significant stall just shout out and we can reconsider, but in general I'd say that as the work is already started, it's better to get in the build system related changes before release, rather than wait to next version. And for those who are impatient the master branch can always be pulled for a reasonably well-working version :)
cadaver
Urho3D author
Urho3D author

PostPosted by dragonCASTjosh » 21 May 2016, 14:02

Personally i want to make some improvements with the PBR but i dont think its big enough to hold back a release
dragonCASTjosh

Next

Return to Developer Talk