Fantasy Grand Strategy

Announcements and news updates to your projects using Urho3D.
Forum rules
If you have images or videos, you can attach them in the showcase post. Please use small thumbnail as link to original media resources.
When you post in this forum, you have to agree that Urho3D main website as well as the Facebook page have the permission to republish your post with all the related images or videos. The original images must have width larger than 890px for best viewing result in all the supported viewports by main website.

Fantasy Grand Strategy

PostPosted by Victor » 06 Jun 2016, 11:48

So, before I continue posting more unrelated posts in my Curved Text thread I thought I'd just go ahead and start a new thread here. For a year now I've been working on a strategy game which has always been a dream of mine. I've always loved the Europa Universalis game, and the Crusader Kings 2 games for their immersion, so I thought it'd only make sense to make the game I wanted to play with the ability to load in my favorite CK2 mods as well.

Currently I can load any map from CK2 as well as load in their scripts. When this game is finally released it will have NO Crusader Kings 2 or any Paradox assets in the final build. I'm only using those for testing purposes to ensure the possibility of playing existing mods out there.

VERY VERY Early preview of the map loading and city placement.
Larger Image http://i.imgur.com/rZPhWTY.png

Larger Image http://i.imgur.com/jVBF0lt.png
Victor
Have some posts
Have some posts

Re: Fantasy Grand Strategy

PostPosted by Lumak » 07 Jun 2016, 04:04

It's looking great! I'll follow this project:)
Lumak
Have many posts
Have many posts

PostPosted by Bananaft » 07 Jun 2016, 07:19

Really like your borders. I want to try something similar for roads on terrain.

What's up with mip mapping? Have you turned it off on purpose?
Bananaft
Active user
Active user

PostPosted by Victor » 07 Jun 2016, 12:37

Bananaft wrote:Really like your borders. I want to try something similar for roads on terrain.

What's up with mip mapping? Have you turned it off on purpose?

Yeah, for textures it's turned off since I'm using an atlas for the terrain and saw a lot of bleeding when mips were turned on. The atlas looks like this which gets generated on load (if it does not exist already). These textures are from GameTextures.com btw.

(At some point I plan to revisit the textures I'm using, although that will be after I have a playable demo)
Victor
Have some posts
Have some posts

PostPosted by Victor » 14 Jun 2016, 18:29

New video with the text on the terrain and the scripting engine loading all of the scripts from a CK2 Witcher mod.

Victor
Have some posts
Have some posts

Return to Showcase