Project Ice Weasel

Announcements and news updates to your projects using Urho3D.
Forum rules
If you have images or videos, you can attach them in the showcase post. Please use small thumbnail as link to original media resources.
When you post in this forum, you have to agree that Urho3D main website as well as the Facebook page have the permission to republish your post with all the related images or videos. The original images must have width larger than 890px for best viewing result in all the supported viewports by main website.

Re: Project Ice Weasel

PostPosted by TheComet » 03 Oct 2016, 20:56

The third person controller is basically done. The animation controller is WIP but it already looks fairly decent. It can be fine-tuned by introducing some secondary movement (e.g. move the ears and tail depending on acceleration, or bend the back when leaning into a corner) or by adding some IK for some finer control.

(https://www.youtube.com/v/54numkwW_u8)

If you are interested in seeing more about the kangaroo, you can find a video with all of the animation loops on our forums: http://iceweasel.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22
I also talk a bit about how the character was rigged.

Next up I'll be working on swimming. Our game is a little bit more complicated due to the whole local gravity feature, so the method I will use for water is to define water mesh volumes. Swimming mode will be activated when you enter the volume and deactivated when you exit the volume.

I have created a simple "pond" model with which I will be testing this feature:

I'm a non-binary non-cis sexually fluid cephalopod identifying genderqueer mocha frappé latte
TheComet
Active user
Active user

Re: Project Ice Weasel

PostPosted by sabotage3d » 09 Oct 2016, 16:39

Nice reminds me of Overgrowth.
sabotage3d
Have many posts
Have many posts

Previous

Return to Showcase