Jetbrains All products pack for Urho3D

Urho3D announcements & releases.

Jetbrains All products pack for Urho3D

PostPosted by weitjong » 26 Aug 2016, 16:42

This invitation is only open to Urho3D core team developers.

We have a couple of "All products pack" Open Source licenses from Jetbrains*. A single license can be used to activate all the products available from Jetbrains, including CLion and IntelliJ IDEA. The only catch is the registered products can only be used in conjunction with Urho3D project development as stipulated by the Open Source licenses that we obtained.

If any of you are interested then please kindly PM me your "Jetbrains account". If you don't have one, you can quickly register one at their website free of charge. If the number of interested parties is more than the number of spare licenses that we have then the priority will be given to the more active contributors first. Please register your interest by end of August.

* We are not affiliated with Jetbrains. You must agree to the license term https://www.jetbrains.com/store/license_opensource.html. The license is revocable and re-assignable at our discretion.
YaoWT - Leave no window unbroken ♪ (^。^) 
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Jetbrains All products pack for Urho3D

PostPosted by Victor » 26 Aug 2016, 17:21

Wow, that's pretty cool! I've been using CLion for my Urho3D development and I can say it's a pretty nice cross-platform IDE. I hope you guys get a chance to enjoy it as well! :)
Victor
Have some posts
Have some posts

PostPosted by weitjong » 27 Aug 2016, 00:51

We have 7 unused licenses as of now.
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted by Egorbo » 27 Aug 2016, 18:01

I'd recommend JetBrains Resharper++ for those who uses Visual Studio and C++ ;) really great tool!
Egorbo
Have some posts
Have some posts

PostPosted by bubobubo » 04 Sep 2016, 03:54

Is there AngelScript support in Jetbrains CLion or any other Jetbrains products?
bubobubo
New user
New user

PostPosted by weitjong » 04 Sep 2016, 09:28

Not that I am aware of. CLion depends on the code inspection in order to function correctly and meaningfully. When the code inspection fails to understand a piece of code, as in the case of AngelScript, the IDE does not only show a lot of red flags but also disable many of its nice features like smart code completion. I have a better luck with Eclipse with CDT plugin. Search the forums, there was a post of two sometimes back on how to trick some of the IDEs to work nicely with AngelScript.
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted by bukkits » 05 Nov 2016, 22:36

For those using CLion, what are your opinions of it so far?

The Git and CMake integration seem nice, but CLion seems to have trouble with sample files and marking Urho3D's types in red as if it cannot find them.
bukkits
New user
New user

PostPosted by rku » 06 Nov 2016, 09:30

Works fine for me. One thing to note is that i keep my cmake directory in /tmp therefore it is gone on reboot. Next time i open project it generates new cmake dir and all urho types are in red. It takes IDE restart to make them show up. In general autocompletion works great except for Urho3D::Context type. No idea why IDE cant pick that up.
rku
Active user
Active user

PostPosted by weitjong » 07 Nov 2016, 04:55

It works great for me too. The coming version, 2016.3 will be even better. Currently only available for those in Early Access Program. For the first time I managed to do a cross-compiling build with ease with this new version. The only problem I have related to this is, sometime the cache symbols in the IDE become stale due to git mass mutation operations like checking out a branch or changing target platform, and I see red markers all over the places in the editor. However, a click of a button to invalidate the caches usually fixes my problem. The worse case is to delete it's internal cache directory manuall, the symbols will be rediscovered in the next start.
weitjong
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted by bukkits » 07 Nov 2016, 05:34

I think my issue must be with the CMake cache as I was having issues building from a fresh git clone. I'm keen on switching to CLion because I use IntelliJ at work and keeping shortcuts the sane would be excellent. Also the linux compatibility is a big advantage over Visual Studio for me as well
bukkits
New user
New user

Return to Announcements