Atomic Game Engine (MIT Urho3D Fork)

Announcements and news updates to your projects using Urho3D.
Forum rules
If you have images or videos, you can attach them in the showcase post. Please use small thumbnail as link to original media resources.
When you post in this forum, you have to agree that Urho3D main website as well as the Facebook page have the permission to republish your post with all the related images or videos. The original images must have width larger than 890px for best viewing result in all the supported viewports by main website.

Re: Atomic Game Engine (MIT Urho3D Fork)

PostPosted by jenge » 27 Jul 2016, 04:01

Been working on Atomic's C# scripting, things are going well :)

Here's some video of an XNA port in progress, 100% C# and quite fast :shock:

Booyah!

- Josh
jenge
Some active
Some active

PostPosted by jenge » 09 Aug 2016, 01:41

Working on a scene lightmap generation tool, here's a look at an ambient occlusion bake. The lightmap UV generation and packing is quite good and uses Thekla's library from "The Witness"

I made a really quick video of the Atomic Editor C# integration with Visual Studio, including debugging and edit continue. The editor and command line tooling is able to generate solutions on the fly and parse NET assemblies for component inspector information:

Onward!

- Josh
jenge
Some active
Some active

PostPosted by rku » 10 Aug 2016, 07:22

This is some amazing work. Do c# bindings work on linux? Mono guys sadly forgotten linux people and their bindings work only on osx and windows.
rku
Active user
Active user

PostPosted by jenge » 10 Aug 2016, 15:55

The initial cut of C# support is being worked out on Windows/VS2015, with OSX/Linux to follow, and then Android/iOS. Microsoft bought Xamarin and all indications are that NETCore is the future. It will be interesting to see how Mono factors into that future, stuff takes time :)
jenge
Some active
Some active

PostPosted by jenge » 17 Aug 2016, 21:36

I recorded a brief video talking about building from source and C# scripting with Visual Studio :)

Making good progress on the "Glow" tool as well, which uses Embree for AO/Radiosity lightmap baking and Thekla's atlas packing from "The Witness"

The 1.6 update went pretty smoothly and the code structure is in line with core Urho sources with changed/addition blocks clearly noted. So, it should be easier to move code between projects as well.

- Josh
jenge
Some active
Some active

PostPosted by jenge » 03 Sep 2016, 02:57

Got the C# scripting working on Android with easy debugging and deployment from Visual Studio. I'll hooking up Xamarin Studio for mobile too, it already works for desktop.

Performance is very good. There's still some polish that needs doing and then plan on getting it working with iOS :)

- Josh
jenge
Some active
Some active

PostPosted by jenge » 11 Sep 2016, 22:43

Hey all,

Been working hard on C# support, now running on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS :)

Here's a short video of running on iPad and iPhone

... and running on a NVidia Shield

A significant amount of effort has gone into a project generator for C# projects. The shot below is a VS2015 solution with both Desktop and Android support, you can switch and run between either included debugging. The solution pictured is also a "development solution", in that it includes source versions of the AtomicNET assemblies to make it easy to work on/trace through AtomicNET itself.

In a binary/redistributable build of the editor, AtomicNET is simply referenced binary assemblies from the editor installation, so you would only see the "AtomicProject" projects. The Xamarin stack also supports going out to iOS from VS and Windows, so that will be included as well.

There is also support for Xamarin Studio on OSX and Linux, here is the solution from the video above with unified platform support between Desktop, Android, and iOS :)

- Josh
jenge
Some active
Some active

PostPosted by Lumak » 27 Sep 2016, 21:46

I finally got a chance to build Atomic and played around with a bit. You've done an awesome job with this!

I noticed that you even have a web browser that integrates CEF! Had I known you had already done this, I wouldn't have integrated it myself.

Looking forward to going through rest of your stuff, and keep up the good work with Atomic!
Lumak
Have many posts
Have many posts

PostPosted by jenge » 03 Dec 2016, 13:08

Hello! We've released the Atomic Game Engine 2016 Video Reel :)

Atomic has been a lot of work these last 2 years. The Urho object and event system, graphics api, and third party integrations have proven an amazing foundation to build on! A big thanks to the Urho3D project and happy impending new year to all :D

- Atomic Josh
jenge
Some active
Some active

PostPosted by Victor » 03 Dec 2016, 23:24

You guys are doing an excellent job with AGE. While I'm still on Urho3D as my base, I did take a peek at the latest release! Looks good! I was even able to compile on Mac using CLion with no issues, however on Windows I wasn't able to get CLion to compile as nicely the first time. Visual Studio however compiled as expected. :)

Keep up the good work!
Victor
Have some posts
Have some posts

PreviousNext

Return to Showcase